Purchase Order Requirements
Effective Date: 1-2-20
This describes the mandates for communicating our customer product quality requirements and expectations to be flowed to our approved external suppliers to ensure products conform to the specified B/P and purchase order requirements. Unless otherwise specified on our purchase order to your facility, the following are required:
1. Supplier notification is required in cases of non-conforming product, including arrangements for Flex-Pro Manufacturing approval of supplier non-conforming material.
2. Supplier notification is required for changes in product and / or process definition including, where required, per Flex-Pro Manufacturing approval.
3. The supplier will flow down to sub tier suppliers the applicable requirements in the purchasing documents, including key characteristics.
4. Certification(s) of Compliance to all applicable specifications if requested by Flex-Pro Manufacturing.
5. Right of Entry shall be granted to Flex-Pro Manufacturing, its customers, and regulatory authorities, to all facilities involved with the order and to all applicable records, for the purpose of monitoring product quality.
6. Records resulting from the processing of this order shall be retained for a minimum of ten (10) years after completion of Flex-Pro Manufacturing's customers contract, or as otherwise required by that customer. If Supplier disposes of records after the minimum (10) years, records shall be disposed of per internal requirements or per specific disposition requirements when flowed down on Purchase Order.
7. Supplier is responsible for Lost or Damaged Product.
8. Supplier performance; Flex-Pro Manufacturing will evaluate and record the supplier(s) ability to meet contractual requirements, including product characteristics, specifications, on-time delivery, completion of documentation, and responsiveness to corrective actions. Flex-Pro Manufacturing reserves the right, at our discretion, to approve and/or disapprove a supplier for lack of performance.
9. Supplier Quality System; a Quality System which assures compliance with supplied documentation, including the purchase order, drawings, MOT, and specifications. A system that complies with ISO 9001, AS9100, and/or Nadcap preferred. Flex-Pro Manufacturing will validate the supplier Quality System status by confirming the sustained certification approval, quality surveys, and/or on-site surveillance audits.
10. Suppliers will maintain an approved calibration system (where applicable) which ensures valid measurements within the appropriate accuracy and is traceable to the NIST.
11. For Calibration Suppliers; ISO 17025 Certified preferred. Calibration Certificates must identify standards used and must be traceable to NIST (National Institute of Standards Technology).
12. AS9100 / ISO 9001 Quality Management System or equivalent is preferred.
13. Prevent the use of counterfeit parts (See 8.1.4 of the AS9100D / ISO 9001:2015 Standard).
14. Ensure that persons / employees are aware of the following: their contribution to product or service conformity, their contribution to product safety, and the importance of ethical behavior.